Earlier this summer I had set up a flight tracker using an RTL-SDR and some software called dump1090. It worked great at the time; I could track about 20 or so aircraft at a given time using the stock antenna I got with my NooElec branded rtl-sdr. That’s not terrible, but I knew I could have done a lot better. Today I decided to build a new antenna. I searched through different antenna designs online and ended up settling on an antenna called the cantenna.
Commander for Pebble’s development has been dormant for almost 5 months, and I believe it’s about time for me to make an update to the code. The app is growing in the amount of users, and every now and then I’ll get an email asking about my app. One of these emails was asking if I was going to support the Pebble Time Round. I plan on supporting the PTR (and in the future, the Pebble 2 and Time 2), however this means I’ll need to do a complete code rewrite.
I recently installed a SSD in my laptop and decided I’d finally do away with Windows once and for all. It was great, and everything was going smoothly until I decided I’d like to play a few Windows-only titles. Banished happened to be one of them, however it seems to have good support on Wine (as you can see here), but I was having a hard time getting audio to work.